Thursday, July 16, 2009

Finally!

A fingerpainting masterpiece


A blog is not a blog unless it is updated regularly...at least that's what makes a blog worth following right? So henceforth, even if I only come up with dreary, mundane posts about baking cookies and what's happening in my vege patch, so be it.

It's been two months since I was last on here...my two other blogs have suffered a similar fate. Partly it's been a conscious decision to spend less time in front of a screen, and then when I do, it's mostly to reply to emails or check a few favourite websites. Anyway, the point is, that I actually do miss blogging - so I'm going to make an effort to update more regularly. The reason why I've managed to find time to blog now, during my daughter's afternoon nap, rather than cooking, baking or cleaning, is because my parents are here. Mum has already cooked; I baked some cookies while they took Boo to the park this morning and there's no point doing any serious cleaning until the visitors depart and the house is back to normal. So really, it's all about time and priorities - and unfortunately blogging lags behind the other priorities of running a household. I just wish my parents would come more frequently, but they can really only manage the 2.5 hour trip every couple of months. To anyone out there who does have frequent and willing support in the form of family and friends - can I say that I am highly envious of you!!! I really think that parenting would be so much easier and more satisfying if there was one or two other people who could come and share the work every now and again.

Oh well, enough blathering for now. I've had my morning (well, afternoon) coffee and I might even be able to squeeze in a shower before the afternoon session begins! See you soon I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment